Term One One-Day Teacher Aide Structured Literacy Workshop with Kirsty - Hawke's Bay
Return to school with a comprehensive understanding of Structured Literacy, ready to launch this teaching approach with confidence.
Time & Location
27 Feb 2024, 8:30 am – 2:00 pm
Te Mata School, Havelock North, 7 Nimon Street, Havelock North 4130, New Zealand
About the Event
Book your One Day Teacher Aide Structured Literacy Workshop
$280 plus GST (includes a copy of The Code) or $240 (no copy of The Code)
Morning tea and a light lunch provided
Teacher Aide Structured Literacy Overview
This workshop will include:
· The principles and elements of Structured Literacy
· Understanding how students learn to read and write
· Phonemic Awareness and how to assess and teach it
· How to get the best out of decodable texts
· Knowledge of how to use The Code Spelling resource
· Games/Resources that can be used in intervention
A reminder that the limited Teacher Aide MoE PLD fund is still available. Applications need to be in by the end of 2023 to access funding but PLD can happen in 2024.
How to Enrol
· You will need an Education Sector Log In (ESL)
· Apply for the PLD funding through the MoE website.
· Select the “Open Category” option from the application type
· Register attendees for the Teacher Aide Workshop – Online with Liz Kane Literacy