Two-Day Code Workshop with Adrienne - Auckland North West
Return to school with a comprehensive understanding of Structured Literacy, ready to launch this teaching approach with confidence.
Time & Location
29 Aug 2023, 8:30 am – 30 Aug 2023, 2:30 pm
Summerland Primary School , 62 Summerland Drive, Henderson, Auckland 0612, New Zealand
About the Event
Book your Two Day Teaching The Code Workshop $500 + GST. This includes morning tea, lunch and a copy of The Code.
Two-Day Code Overview
The Code supports the teaching of spelling through a Structured Literacy approach from Year One to Year 8.
With training that aligns with the science of reading and learning, teachers can understand and teach the English spelling system for both reading and writing with confidence and success.
This two-day workshop will include:
- research that underpins the principles of Structured Literacy;
- assessment and how to manage that data for a variety of scenarios;
- knowledge of English orthography including patterns, rules, expectancies;
- how to structure a lesson to maximise learning for your students;
- planning for whole class or group teaching